Have you been following the news lately? There’s been a lot of talk about Russia and their cyber attacks. As a business owner, you may be concerned about the possibility of your company being targeted. Don’t worry – you’re not alone. A lot of businesses are preparing for potential cyber attacks from Russia. Here are some ways that you can protect your company:
- Increase your cybersecurity budget: One of the best ways to protect your company from cyber attacks is to allocate more money to your cybersecurity budget. This will help you to invest in the latest security technologies and hire experts who can help keep your network safe.
- Update your software: Make sure that you keep all of your software up-to-date. For example, make sure that your operating system, web browsers, and anti-virus software are all up-to-date.
- Educate your employees: One of the biggest threats to businesses is employee negligence. Employees need to be educated about the dangers of cyber attacks and how they can protect themselves and the company.
- Work with a cybersecurity expert: Cybersecurity is a complex field. If you’re not an expert, it’s a good idea to work with someone who is. They can help you to create a comprehensive security strategy for your business. One company that specializes in cybersecurity is Innovative Network Solutions. They offer a wide range of products and services that can help to protect your business from cyber attacks.
- Create a strong password policy: A strong password policy can help to protect your company from hackers. Require employees to use complex passwords and change them regularly. For example, using a password like “password1” is not strong, but “B3$Tp4$$w0rd!” would be.
- Monitor your network activity: Monitor your network activity closely and look for any suspicious behavior. This can help you to detect and prevent cyber attacks before they happen. For example, you can use a tool like Splunk to monitor your network traffic.
- Install firewalls: Firewalls are an essential part of any cybersecurity strategy. Make sure that your company has a firewall in place and that it is up-to-date. For example, the latest version of the popular Cisco ASA firewall is 9.4.
- Create backup copies of your data: In the event of a cyber attack, it’s important to have backup copies of your data. This way, you can restore your systems quickly and minimize the damage.
- Create a disaster recovery plan: If the worst happens and your company is hit by a cyber attack, you need to have a disaster recovery plan in place. This will help you to get your business back up and running as quickly as possible.
Russian cyber attacks are becoming more common, but that doesn’t mean that your business has to be a target. By taking steps to prepare for potential attacks, you can keep your business safe and secure.