Where there’s technology, there’s risk of cyberattacks and data breaches. These days, businesses and individuals are more connected than ever before, making us increasingly vulnerable to digital threats. Here are some cybersecurity stats that you should know:
- 95% of businesses have been hacked: According to the 2018 Ponemon Cost of Data Breach report, 95% of businesses have experienced a data breach at some point.
- Ransomware attacks are on the rise: Ransomware attacks increased by 350% in 2017.
- The average time it takes to detect a data breach is 191 days: By the time a data breach is detected, it’s often already too late. The Ponemon study found that the average time it takes to detect a data breach is 191 days.
- 60% of businesses don’t have a chief information security officer (CISO): CISO is responsible for overseeing a business’ cybersecurity strategy, yet 60% of businesses don’t have one in place.
- Phishing attacks are on the rise: Phishing attacks are becoming more sophisticated and difficult to detect. In fact, the number of phishing attacks increased by 65% in 2017.
- Social media is a hotbed for phishing scams: Social media platforms are a favorite spot for phishers, as users are more likely to trust links and messages from friends and family members. Which is why it’s important to be vigilant about the links you click and the messages you open.
- The average cost of a phishing attack is $1.6 million: The Ponemon study also found that the average cost of a phishing attack is now $1.6 million, up from $1.4 million in 2017.
- Employees are the biggest security risk: The biggest threat to businesses security is its employees. They are often the weakest link in businesses security chains.
In addition, the healthcare industry is a big target for cybercriminals because of the valuable data it stores, such as patient information and credit card numbers. One way they protect themselves and their patients is by using information technology services.
Information technology services can help the healthcare industry and businesses protect their data, manage risk, and comply with regulations. Also, they can help the healthcare industry with other aspects of operations, such as managing patient records and providing communication tools for doctors and nurses. If you’re looking for information technology services for your healthcare industry, please visit Novustek today at www.novustek.net. They can help you find the right solution to meet your needs and keep your data safe.