We have been on the digital train for quite a few years already, and we have witnessed some amazing new innovations that are driven by digital tech, and this rapid pace of development is showing no signs of slowing down, indeed, when the Internet of Things (IoT) arrives, every square inch of the planet will be 5G enabled. Tech isn’t just for the world of business and commerce, here are a few ways that technology is changing the way we live at home.
- Solar Energy – While solar panels have been around a few years already, the development has reached a point where it is now affordable to make the switch from traditional electricity that is created by fossil-fuel burning power stations. The state will actually help you with the cost of installing solar panels, and you can expect to see a return on your investment within 5 years.
- Climate Control – The smart home allows the occupants to control the climate remotely, which is great when you are arriving home and would like the a/c working to make your interior comfortable. Why not install underfloor heating in the kitchen? You can install a dry electric underfloor system and choose new tiles from a leading Australian supplier like Amber Tiles, who have a wide range of excellent products at affordable prices.
- Security – While we have CCTV, if you connect the system to the Internet, you can remotely view your home from any location, plus with the right app, you can control the cameras and zoom in on anything that looks odd. Motion sensors can control your exterior lighting, and when a person enters your driveway or garden, the lights would automatically come on.
- Composite Materials – Using composite materials brings with it many advantages, they are maintenance-free and can be easily recycled, plus they have great insulation properties, which keeps your energy bills down. There are new forms of roof tiles, for example, that reflect the heat, as opposed to absorbing it, which keeps your home cool in the summer.
- Communication – A smart home is all about communication, using Bluetooth technology and the Internet, all appliances can talk to each other, plus you can control every aspect of your home via a smartphone app. If you are going away for a few days, you can program the lights to come on at random intervals, to give the impression that someone is home, plus you can turn on the climate control when you are about to leave the office, and even start to cook your dinner.
There’s no doubt that technology is changing our lives for the better, bringing us benefits that only 30 years ago, would have been unimaginable. Smart has become the in word, as devices connect and communicate, and wireless solutions make everything so much easier. Look for ways that you can make your home smarter and you can enjoy the many benefits that come with a home that uses the latest technology.