Do you own a small business? If so, you’re likely well aware of the importance of information technology (IT). But what you may not know is just how staggering the statistics related to IT can be. Here are 10 of the most startling IT statistics for small businesses and what they mean for your business.
1. 93 percent of small businesses say that IT is critical to their success.
This statistic underscores just how important IT is for small businesses. If you’re one of the few who doesn’t believe that IT is critical to your success, you should reconsider your stance.
2. 81 percent of small businesses say that their biggest challenge is lack of resources.
When it comes to IT, many small businesses feel like they don’t have the resources they need to be successful. This can be a major obstacle for many businesses.
3. 50 percent of small businesses do not have a disaster recovery plan in place.
This statistic is alarming and should serve as a wake-up call for small businesses. Disaster recovery planning is critical, and without it, your business is at risk.
4. 48 percent of small businesses say that their biggest challenge is lack of expertise.
Lack of expertise can be a major obstacle for small businesses when it comes to information technology. This is something that you’ll want to address if you’re lacking in this area.
5. 47 percent of small businesses have been the victims of cybercrime.
This statistic is sobering, but it’s also important to be aware of the dangers that come with using IT. If you’re not already doing so, you’ll want to take steps to protect your business from cybercrime.
6. 43 percent of small businesses have suffered a data breach.
A data breach can be a serious problem for a small business. If your business has been the victim of a data breach, you’ll want to take steps to shore up your security and prevent future breaches.
7. 39 percent of small businesses spend $1,000 or more on IT each year.
This statistic shows that small businesses are willing to invest in information technology when they see the value in it. If you’re not spending at least $1,000 on IT each year, you may be missing out on some valuable benefits.
8. 36 percent of small businesses say that their biggest challenge is lack of time.
When it comes to IT, small businesses often feel like they don’t have enough time to get everything done. This can be a major challenge for many businesses.
9. 34 percent of small businesses say that their biggest challenge is lack of money.
Money can be tight for small businesses, and this can make it difficult to invest in information technology. But as the statistic above shows, many small businesses are willing to invest in IT when they see the value in it.
10. 32 percent of small businesses say that their biggest challenge is lack of staff.
This is another common challenge for small businesses when it comes to IT. If you’re lacking in staff, you’ll need to find ways to get the most out of the employees you have.
These are just a few of the startling information technology statistics for small businesses. By becoming aware of these statistics, you can take steps to address the challenges they present and help your business thrive in today’s digital world.
If you’re looking for help with your IT, consider partnering with Syzygy 3. They can help you make the most of your IT and ensure that your business is prepared for anything. For more info, visit www.syzygy3.com or contact them at (646) 793-4681 today to learn more.